MMWR and Other PRAMS Publications
The list below includes PRAMS–related journal publications from 1992 to present, including MMWRs, authored by CDC’s Division of Reproductive Health. These publications are only a few of the scientific and technical materials available.
We recommend that you review abstracts of our reports and other publications by using the resources of the National Library of Medicine’s PubMed service. PubMed is a searchable database that provides abstracts of biomedical articles and reports. You may also be able to obtain full text articles (some services may require subscriptions to view full text articles). If you are seeking less technical information, please use the National Library of Medicine’s MedlinePlus, which offers a wide range of information on diseases, disorders, treatments, drugs, and preventive services.
D’Angelo, D. V., Bauman, B. L., Broussard, C. S., Tong, V. T., Ko, J. Y., Kapaya, M., . . . Ahluwalia, I. B. (2019). Prevalence and maternal characteristics associated with receipt of prenatal care provider counseling about medications safe to take during pregnancy. Prev Med, 126, 105743. doi:10.1016/j.ypmed.2019.06.001
Garfield, C. F., Simon, C. D., Harrison, L., Besera, G., Kapaya, M., Pazol, K., . . . Warner, L. (2018). Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System for Dads: Public Health Surveillance of New Fathers in the Perinatal Period. Am J Public Health, 108(10), 1314-1315. doi:10.2105/AJPH.2018.304664
Kapaya, M., Boulet, S. L., Warner, L., Harrison, L., & Fowler, D. (2019). Intimate Partner Violence Before and During Pregnancy, and Prenatal Counseling Among Women with a Recent Live Birth, United States, 2009-2015. J Womens Health (Larchmt). doi:10.1089/jwh.2018.7545
Kortsmit, K., Williams, L., Pazol, K., Smith, R. A., Whiteman, M., Barfield, W., . . . Warner, L. (2019). Condom Use With Long-Acting Reversible Contraception vs Non-Long-Acting Reversible Contraception Hormonal Methods Among Postpartum Adolescents. JAMA Pediatr, 173(7), 663-670. doi:10.1001/jamapediatrics.2019.1136
- Use of Electronic Vapor Products Before, During, and After Pregnancy Among Women with a Recent Live Birth — Oklahoma and Texas, 2015.
- Contraceptive Use Among Nonpregnant and Postpartum Women at Risk for Unintended Pregnancy, and Female High School Students, in the Context of Zika Preparedness — United States, 2011–2013 and 2015.
- Vital Signs: Trends and Disparities in Infant Safe Sleep Practices – United States, 2009-2015. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2018 Jan 12;67(1):39-46
- Disparities in Preconception Health Indicators — Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, 2013–2015, and Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System, 2013–2014. MMWR Surveill Summ 2018;67(No. SS-01):1–16
- Measures Taken to Prevent Zika Virus Infection During Pregnancy — Puerto Rico, 2016. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2017;66:574–578.
- Trends in Repeat Births and Use of Postpartum Contraception Among Teens – United States, 2004-2015 (April 2017)
- Trends in Postpartum Depressive Symptoms – 27 States, 2004, 2008, and 2012.external icon MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2017 Feb 17;66(6):153-158
- Contraceptive Use Among Nonpregnant and Postpartum Women at Risk for Unintended Pregnancy, and Female High School Students, in the Context of Zika Preparedness — United States, 2011–2013 and 2015 (August 2016)
- Stressful life events experienced by women in the year before their infants’ births–United States, 2000-2010 (March 2015)
- Gestational Weight Gain — United States, 2012 and 2013 (November 2015)
- Patterns of Health Insurance Coverage Around the Time of Pregnancy Among Women with Live-Born Infants — Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System, 29 States, 2009. D’Angelo DV, Le B, O’Neil ME, et al. MMWR Surveill Summ 2015;64(No. SS-4)
- Core State Preconception Health Indicators—Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System and Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, 2009. Source: MMWR 2014;63(ss03):1-62.
- Prepregnancy Contraceptive Use Among Teens with Unintended Pregnancies Resulting in Live Births—Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS), 2004-2008. Source: MMWR 2012;61(02);25-29.
- Influenza Vaccination Coverage Among Pregnant Women—29 States and New York City, 2009-2010 Season. Source: MMWR 2012;61(07):113-118.
- Characteristics associated with seasonal influenza vaccination of preschool children—Oregon, 2006-2008. Source: MMWR 2011;60(29):981-984.
- Receipt of influenza vaccine during pregnancy among women with live births—Georgia and Rhode Island, 2004-2007. Source: MMWR 2009;58(35):972-975.
- Trends in smoking before, during and after pregnancy—Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS), United States, 31 sites, 2000-2005. Source: MMWR 2009;58(SS-4).
- Contraceptive use among postpartum women—12 states and New York City, 2004-2006. Source: MMWR 2009;58(30):821-826.
- Prevalence of self-reported postpartum depressive symptoms—17 states, 2004-2005. Source: MMWR 2008;57(14):361-366.
- Postpartum care visits—11 states and New York City, 2004. Source: MMWR 2007;56(50):1312-1316.
- Preconception and interconception health status of women who recently gave birth to a live-born infant—Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS), United States, 26 reporting areas, 2004. Source: MMWR 2007;56(SS10):1-35.
- Surveillance of preconception health indicators among women delivering live-born infants—Oklahoma, 2000-2003. Source: MMWR 2007;56(25):631-634.
- Monitoring progress toward achieving maternal and infant Healthy People 2010 Objectives—19 states, Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS), 2000-2003. Source: MMWR 2006;55(SS-9).
- Surveillance for disparities in maternal health-related behaviors—selected states, Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS), 2000-2001. Source: MMWR 2004;53(SS04):1-13.
- Surveillance for selected maternal behaviors and experiences before, during, and after Pregnancy Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS), 2000. Source: MMWR 2003;52(SS11):1-14.
- HIV testing among pregnant women—United States and Canada. Source: MMWR 2002;51(45):1013-1016.
- Prevalence of selected maternal behaviors and experiences, Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS), 1999. Source: MMWR 2002;51(No.SS-2).
- Are women with recent live births aware of the benefits of folic acid? Source: MMWR 2001;50(RR-6):3-14.
- Entry into prenatal care—United States, 1989-1997. Source: MMWR 2000;49(18):393-398.
- Cigarette smoking during the last 3 months of pregnancy among women who gave birth to live infants—Maine, 1988-1997. Source: MMWR 1999;48(20):421-425.
- Prenatal discussion of HIV testing and maternal HIV testing—14 states, 1996-1997. Source: MMWR 1999;48(19):401-404.
- Prevalence of selected infant and maternal characteristics, Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS), 1997. Source: MMWR 1999;48(5):1-37.
- Insurance coverage of unintended pregnancies resulting in live-born infants—Florida, Georgia, Oklahoma, and South Carolina, 1996. Source: MMWR 1999;48(5):100-104.
- Progress in reducing risky infant sleeping position in 13 states—Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System, 1996-1997. Source: MMWR 1999;8(39):878-882.
- Assessment of infant sleep position in 10 states, 1996. Source: MMWR 1998;47:873-877.
- Assessing adolescent pregnancy—Maine, 1989-1996. Source: MMWR 1998;47:433-438.
- Physical violence during the 12 months preceding childbirth—Alaska, Maine, Oklahoma, and West Virginia, 1990-1991. Source: MMWR 1994;43:132-137.
- Receipt of well-baby care—Maine, 1988-1992. Source: MMWR 1994;43:105-110.
- Unintended childbearing: Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System—Oklahoma, 1988-1991. Source: MMWR 1992;41:933-936.