MMWR and Other PRAMS Publications
The list below includes PRAMS–related journal publications from 2006 to present, including MMWRs, authored by CDC’s Division of Reproductive Health. These publications are only a few of the scientific and technical materials available.
To see other PRAMS publications, we recommend using the resources of the National Library of Medicine’s PubMed serviceexternal icon. PubMed is a searchable database that provides abstracts of biomedical articles and reports. You may also be able to obtain full text articles (some services may require subscriptions to view full text articles). If you are seeking less technical information, please use the National Library of Medicine’s MedlinePlus, which offers a wide range of information on diseases, disorders, treatments, drugs, and preventive services.
Hirai, AH., Kortsmit, K., Kaplan, L., Reiney, E., Warner, L., Parks, S.E., Perkins, M., Koso-Thomas, M., D’Angelo, D.V., Shapiro-Mendoza, C.K. Prevalence and Factors Associated With Safe Infant Sleep Practicesexternal icon. Pediatrics November 2019, 144 (5) e20191286.
D’Angelo, D. V., Bauman, B. L., Broussard, C. S., Tong, V. T., Ko, J. Y., Kapaya, M., . . . Ahluwalia, I. B. (2019). Prevalence and maternal characteristics associated with receipt of prenatal care provider counseling about medications safe to take during pregnancyexternal icon. Prev Med, 126, 105743.
Garfield, C. F., Simon, C. D., Harrison, L., Besera, G., Kapaya, M., Pazol, K., . . . Warner, L. (2018). Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System for Dads: Public Health Surveillance of New Fathers in the Perinatal Periodexternal icon. Am J Public Health, 108(10), 1314-1315.
Kapaya, M., Boulet, S. L., Warner, L., Harrison, L., & Fowler, D. (2019). Intimate Partner Violence Before and During Pregnancy, and Prenatal Counseling Among Women with a Recent Live Birth, United States, 2009-2015external icon. J Womens Health (Larchmt).
Kortsmit, K., Williams, L., Pazol, K., Smith, R. A., Whiteman, M., Barfield, W., . . . Warner, L. (2019). Condom Use With Long-Acting Reversible Contraception vs Non-Long-Acting Reversible Contraception Hormonal Methods Among Postpartum Adolescentsexternal icon. JAMA Pediatr, 173(7), 663-670.
- Characteristics of Marijuana Use During Pregnancy—Eight States, Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System, 2017external icon. Source: MMWR 2020;69:1058–1063.
- Vital Signs: Prescription Opioid Pain Reliever Use During Pregnancy — 34 U.S. Jurisdictions, 2019external icon. Source: MMWR 2020;69:897–903.
- Vital Signs: Postpartum Depressive Symptoms and Provider Discussions About Perinatal Depression — United States, 2018. MMWR 2020;69:575–581.
- Use of Electronic Vapor Products Before, During, and After Pregnancy Among Women with a Recent Live Birth — Oklahoma and Texas, 2015.
- Vital Signs: Trends and Disparities in Infant Safe Sleep Practices – United States, 2009-2015. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2018 Jan 12;67(1):39-46
- Disparities in Preconception Health Indicators — Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, 2013–2015, and Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System, 2013–2014. MMWR Surveill Summ 2018;67(No. SS-01):1–16
- Measures Taken to Prevent Zika Virus Infection During Pregnancy — Puerto Rico, 2016. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2017;66:574–578.
- Trends in Repeat Births and Use of Postpartum Contraception Among Teens – United States, 2004-2015 (April 2017)
- Trends in Postpartum Depressive Symptoms – 27 States, 2004, 2008, and 2012.external icon MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2017 Feb 17;66(6):153-158
- Stressful life events experienced by women in the year before their infants’ births–United States, 2000-2010 (March 2015)
- Gestational Weight Gain — United States, 2012 and 2013 (November 2015)
- Patterns of Health Insurance Coverage Around the Time of Pregnancy Among Women with Live-Born Infants — Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System, 29 States, 2009. D’Angelo DV, Le B, O’Neil ME, et al. MMWR Surveill Summ 2015;64(No. SS-4)
- Core State Preconception Health Indicators—Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System and Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, 2009. Source: MMWR 2014;63(ss03):1-62.
- Prepregnancy Contraceptive Use Among Teens with Unintended Pregnancies Resulting in Live Births—Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS), 2004-2008. Source: MMWR 2012;61(02);25-29.
- Influenza Vaccination Coverage Among Pregnant Women—29 States and New York City, 2009-2010 Season. Source: MMWR 2012;61(07):113-118.
- Characteristics associated with seasonal influenza vaccination of preschool children—Oregon, 2006-2008. Source: MMWR 2011;60(29):981-984.
- Receipt of influenza vaccine during pregnancy among women with live births—Georgia and Rhode Island, 2004-2007. Source: MMWR 2009;58(35):972-975.
- Trends in smoking before, during and after pregnancy—Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS), United States, 31 sites, 2000-2005. Source: MMWR 2009;58(SS-4).
- Contraceptive use among postpartum women—12 states and New York City, 2004-2006. Source: MMWR 2009;58(30):821-826.
- Prevalence of self-reported postpartum depressive symptoms—17 states, 2004-2005. Source: MMWR 2008;57(14):361-366.
- Postpartum care visits—11 states and New York City, 2004. Source: MMWR 2007;56(50):1312-1316.
- Preconception and interconception health status of women who recently gave birth to a live-born infant—Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS), United States, 26 reporting areas, 2004. Source: MMWR 2007;56(SS10):1-35.
- Surveillance of preconception health indicators among women delivering live-born infants—Oklahoma, 2000-2003. Source: MMWR 2007;56(25):631-634.
- Monitoring progress toward achieving maternal and infant Healthy People 2010 Objectives—19 states, Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS), 2000-2003. Source: MMWR 2006;55(SS-9).