Prepare Application Information
The following documents are required as part of the application process:
The PE Fellowship application process allows you to upload all graduate transcripts in pdf format to your online application. These uploaded transcripts are considered unofficial. If selected for the PE Fellowship, you must request the university registrar/recorder of records to provide official graduate transcripts for the qualifying PhD. To prepare for the application process:
- Collect transcripts for all graduate work (in progress and completed).
- Save your graduate transcripts in pdf format in preparation for uploading to your online application. When entering educational information, you must upload your transcript at that time in order to save the educational information.
- If a graduate transcript is not issued by a U.S. institution:
- Submit other proof of degree completion (certified copy of diploma).
- Translate other proof of degree completion into English.
- Do NOT include high school or undergraduate transcripts in your application.
- Before final submission of your application, all graduate transcripts must be uploaded (in pdf format) to your application account.
- Original documents mailed to us will not be returned.
Letters of Recommendation
A minimum of three Letters of Recommendation are required, however you may submit a maximum of five letters if desire. Two of the letters must be from recommenders that are non-CDC employees. You must provide the names and email addresses of recommenders, such as faculty members, supervisors, or colleagues to write a letter of recommendation. Select individuals familiar with your achievements, aspirations, and personal qualities that distinguish you as a good candidate for the PE Fellowship. Gather the following contact information for recommenders in advance of starting the online application process:
- Relationship to you
Letters must be:
- Specific to the PE Fellowship application
- Dated within 6 months of the application
- Written in English
- Written on official organization letterhead
- Signed by the recommender
- Saved in pdf format