Worker Health Surveillance
On this page, you will find publications and links to resources related to occupational health surveillance.
View a search of all NIOSH-produced publications that use surveillance data to assess workplace safety and health.
Current U.S. Workforce Statistics
- U.S. Workforce by NORA Industry Sectors (CPS)excel icon
- Fatal Injuries by NORA Industry Sectors (CFOI)excel icon
- Non-fatal Injuries and Illness by NORA Industry Sectors (SOII)excel icon
State-based Occupational Health Surveillance Links
- State-based Occupational Health Surveillance Clearinghouse
- State Health Department Occupational Safety and Health Contacts
- Council of State & Territorial Epidemiologists (CSTE)external icon
National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (NAS) Reports
- Overview of NIOSH Surveillancepdf icon
- A Smarter National Surveillance System for Occupational Safety and Health in the 21st Century Consensus Study Reportexternal icon
- A Smarter National Surveillance System for Occupational Safety and Health in the 21st Century: The NIOSH Plan to Implement the National Academies’ Program Evaluation Recommendationspdf icon
Other Resources Containing Occupational Information
There are many agencies and organizations outside of NIOSH who also use or produce surveillance data and resources. Learn more about some of these programs.