Companies with strong health and wellness programs outperform others on the stock market, and some experts suggest the investment community could benefit from scrutinizing health and wellness metrics when they value companies.
Chris Orchard, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
The safety of a company’s employees is critical to its success. No matter how sophisticated the technology, it is employees who operate a business and maintain the equipment.
Timothy C. Healtey, The Locomotive, Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company
Safety ethics: Black and white? Or shades of gray?External
Topics include doing the right thing, ethical climates, change agents, and ‘it’s not an easy road’.
Ashley Johnson, Safety+Health Magazine, National Safety Council
7 Steps to Create an Effective Workplace Safety Training ProgramExternal
How to create an effective training program that meets OSHA general industry requirements:
- Determine what safety training is needed.
- Identify workplace safety training needs.
- Identify safety training goals and objectives.
- Develop workplace safety learning activities.
- Conduct safety training.
- Evaluate workplace safety training program effectiveness.
- Improve the safety training program.
National Safety Council (NSC)
Discusses hazards and simple, cost-effective tips for these workplace topics:
- Maintaining staff continuity during illness outbreaks
- Job hazard analysis
- Common workplace injuries and fatalities
- Employee awareness and training