Small Business Resource Guide – Programs & Training Resources
The “journey” includes safety information, consultation services, an online community, networking, and access to: employee perception surveys, complete assessments, risk reduction processes, benchmarking and performance measurement, and news from other safety and health sources.
National Safety Council (NSC)
Checklists and includes: management, record keeping, safety analysis, accident prevention, accident reporting and investigating, training, safety inspection, and program review.
Though specific to Texas, most information is applicable to other states.
Texas Department of Insurance
The basic structure includes:
- Development and implementation of a company safety policy,
- Writing and/or compiling work rules and practices,
- Training of workers in those work rules and practices,
- Delineation of safety responsibilities of roofing workers and management,
- Discipline and incentive procedures for penalizing infractions and rewarding compliance with program rules, and
- Regular review and amendment process for program provisions, including a safety committee that has staff members representative of all levels of the organization.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
Total Worker Health® is defined as policies, programs, and practices that integrate protection from work-related safety and health hazards with promotion of injury and illness prevention efforts to advance worker well-being.
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
Total Worker Health® Essentials Video Seriesexternal icon
The series features tips and best practices from small business leaders and occupational safety and health researchers on the development, implementation, and evaluation of workplace programs, as well as employer concerns such as ergonomics, stress, and safety.
The University of Iowa Healthier Workforce Center for Excellence
Create your own safety program template with guides, factsheets, and tip sheets.
Worker Occupational Safety and Health Training and Education Program, Commission on Health and Safety and Workers’ Compensation
UCLA Labor Occupational Safety and Health, Small Business Supportexternal icon
These training resources help owners with general health and safety materials. Though prepared for California, most items are broadly applicable, including resources for:
- Janitorial Safety Programexternal icon
- Restaurant Supervisor Trainingexternal icon
- Injury & Illness Prevention Programexternal icon
- Training of Trainersexternal icon
UCLA’s Worker Occupational Safety and Health Training and Education Program (WOSHTEP) in UCLA’s Labor Occupational Safety and Health (LOSH) Program.