NOISE AND HEARING LOSS PREVENTION
To provide national and world leadership to reduce the prevalence of occupational hearing loss through a focused program of research and prevention.
To reach every occupational noise exposed worker in the US with NIOSH knowledge and technology.
The Hearing Loss Prevention Team:
- Provides accurate information on hazardous noise levels, ototoxicants and effective hearing loss prevention strategies
- Assesses the performance of various types of hearing protectors and make the information available to the public
- Controls and reduce noise produced by various types of industrial machinery and tools
- Understands the effect of impulsive noise on hearing loss and accurately measure the exposures
- Prevents worker exposures to hazardous noise levels
- Evaluates and recommend effective hearing loss prevention programs
- Page last reviewed: August 26, 2015
- Page last updated: August 26, 2015
- Content source:
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Division of Applied Research and Technology