Methyl Ethyl Ketone (2-Butanone)
NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards
Exposure limits, Respirator Recommendations, First Aid, more...
The Pocket Guide is a source of general industrial hygiene information on several hundred chemicals/classes found in the work environment. Key data provided for each chemical/substance includes name (including synonyms/trade names), structure/formula, CAS/RTECS Numbers, DOT ID, conversion factors, exposure limits, IDLH, chemical and physical properties, measurement methods, personal protection, respirator recommendations, symptoms, and first aid.
- 2-Butanone (Methyl Ethyl Ketone) (CAS No. 78-93-3)
International Chemical Safety Cards
An ICSC summarizes essential health and safety information on chemicals for their use at the "shop floor" level by workers and employers in factories, agriculture, construction and other work places.
Documentation for Immediately Dangerous to Life or Health Concentrations (IDLH)
The IDLH documents the criteria and information sources that have been used by NIOSH to determine immediately dangerous to life or health concentrations.
NIOSH Manual of Analytical Methods (NMAM)
NMAM is a collection of methods for sampling and analysis of contaminants in workplace air, and in the blood and urine of workers who are occupationally exposed.
- Volatile Organic CPDS (Screening) (No. 2549) [PDF - 93 KB]
- Methyl ethyl ketone I (No. 2500) [PDF - 106 KB]
- Page last reviewed: March 15, 2012
- Page last updated: March 15, 2013
- Content source:
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Education and Information Division