OIL AND GAS EXTRACTION
The goal of the NIOSH Oil and Gas Extraction Safety and Health Program is to reduce the rate of injury and disease among workers in the oil and gas extraction industry by implementing effective interventions. This program analyzes surveillance data and information gained from industry, workers, and safety organizations, conducts research on key safety and health issues, and develops and implements practical workplace solutions. This program seeks to fulfill its goals through the following:
- High Quality Research: NIOSH will continually strive for high quality research and prevention activities that will lead to a reduction in occupational injuries and diseases among workers in the oil and gas extraction industry.
- Practical Solutions:The NIOSH Oil and Gas Extraction Safety & Health Program is committed to the development of practical solutions to the complex problems that cause occupational injuries and diseases among workers in this industry.
- Partnerships: Collaborative efforts in partnership with industry, government, other countries, and stakeholders are the most effective means to achieve successful outcomes and are a high priority for the Oil and Gas Extraction Safety & Health Program.
- Research to Practices (r2p): NIOSH research has maximum impact when the results of research are translated into practical applications. The Oil and Gas Extraction Safety & Health Program is committed to the transfer and translation of research findings into products and practices to improve the safety and health of workers in the oil and gas extraction industry.
- Page last reviewed: February 15, 2012
- Page last updated: February 15, 2012
- Content source:
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Western States Office