The early years of a child’s life are very important for his or her health and development. Parents, health professionals, educators, and others can work together as partners to help children grow up to reach their full potential.
Child Development: What's New
- Article: Mental, Behavioral, and Developmental Disorders and Poverty in Young Children
- Article: Differences in health care, family, and community factors among children in rural and urban areas
- Commentary: Access to mental health care in rural areas
- Policy report: Strategies for behavioral health integration
- Milestones Matter! Track your child’s milestones and act early if you ever have a concern.
Children reach milestones in how they play, learn, speak, behave, and move (for example, crawling and walking).
Learn how to keep children from danger and from becoming dangerous.
Learn about Language Disorders, Learning Disorders, and other developmental conditions.
- Page last reviewed: January 7, 2019
- Page last updated: January 7, 2019
- Content source: