CDC Specimen Test Order and Reporting (CSTOR)
CSTOR Web Portal is the central online resource for CDC Infectious Disease (ID) laboratory partners, including the Association of Public Health Laboratories (APHL)external icon, to submit specimens and access test results and reports. CSTOR Web Portal allows infectious disease specimen submitters to:
- Request and obtain approval to send samples to CDC for testing
- Submit specimen data and create shipping paperwork online
- Validate specimen data and provide submitter support to correct errors and complete missing information
- View and download test results and reports easily and securely online
CSTOR reduces the burden on submitters and CDC ID testing laboratories by removing manual processes such as tracking communications and submission history. CSTOR accelerates specimen submission and accessioning, reduces processing time at CDC, and improves data quality.
CDC ID submitters can use CSTOR to streamline the specimen lifecycle.
There are six modules to help submit, track, and access specimen information and test results. These include:
- Create Test Order Requests – Request and obtain approval to send samples to CDC for testing; send comments and receive email notifications with additional information
- Submit Specimens – Submit specimens and enter specimen data online (an alternative to CDC Form 50.34)
- Ship Packages – Create manifests and packing slips for your specimen shipments
- Check Status – Track the status of test order requests, specimen submissions, and packages
- View Reports – View and download reports securely as well as access test result data in a variety of formats
- Manage Organization – Add and remove users in their organization and edit data (with “administrator” access)
Contact email@example.com if specimen submitting organizations are interested in using CSTOR.