Specimen Submission Form
Submitting Specimens to CDC
There are currently two methods for submitters to submit specimens to CDC for testing:
- The CDC Test Order and Reporting (CSTOR) Web Portal (preferred)
- The CDC 50.34 Specimen Submission Formexternal icon
Submitters sending specimens to CDC for laboratory testing should supply all pertinent information associated with the specimen(s). This information will allow the laboratory to effectively review the test order and perform the appropriate test(s). The information supplied will be included in the laboratory report.
Specimens submitted for testing must be accompanied by the upgraded CDC 50.34 Specimen Submission Formexternal icon.*
Features of the form:
- Picklists to select the correct form, order valid tests, enter accurate information
- Interactive Test Directory
- Accurate data transfer using barcodes
- Download and save the form with your data
- Receives automatic updates to form (when an internet connection is detected)
- Offline accessibility when in the field
If you have any questions about the form or the submission process, check the “Help and FAQs” section or the “Training” Section to view a training webinar on the upgraded submission form and view form-specific training manuals.
Follow these steps to download the CDC 50.34 Specimen Submission Form:
- Click on the “CDC Form 50.34 Application” link. This will open a new tab in your browser where you can download the 50.34 installer. Once you click the “CDC Form 50.34 Application” link, click “Download” to download the installer for the CDC Form 50.34 Application.
- For more details, please access this Job Aid pdf icon[PDF – 5 pages].
* Persons with disabilities experiencing problems accessing this document should contact CDC-INFO by either completing the form at www.cdc.gov/cdc-info/requestform.html and use subject “508 Accommodation PR#31”, or by calling 800-232-4636 (TTY number: 888-232-6348) and ask for 508 Accommodation PR#31.