Laws and Regulations
Control of Communicable Diseases; Importation of Human Remains
For information on the Importation of Human Remains Final Rule.
Laws and Regulations Related to Animal Importation
- Federal Register: Control of Communicable Diseases; Restrictions on African Rodents, Prairie Dogs, and Certain Other Animals
- Notice of Temporary Suspension of Dogs Entering the United States from Countries Classified as High Risk for Dog Rabies
- Foreign Quarantine Regulations, Final Rule of HHS/CDC Nonhuman Primate Importation Regulation 42 Code of Federal Regulations Part 71.53.
- Disinfection and Decontamination of Items Used in the Transportation or Quarantine of Nonhuman Primates Imported under 42 CFR § 71.53 July 26, 2022. CDC NHP Disinfection Policy Statement
- Reporting Illness and Screening Test Results in Nonhuman Primates Imported under 42 CFR § 71.53 January 20, 2023. CDC Importer Reporting Policy Statement
- Treatment of Plasmodium Infections in Nonhuman Primates Imported under 42 CFR § 71.53 January 20, 2023. CDC NHP Plasmodium Policy Statement