HEADS UP Apps
Blast Off into Concussion Safety with CDC HEADS UP Rocket Blades!
3-2-1 Blast Off! CDC’s Injury Center has developed a mobile game app on concussion safety for children aged 6 to 8. Through a futuristic world of galactic racing adventures children can learn the benefits of playing it safe and smart!
The app aims to teach children:
- the different ways the brain can get hurt during sports activities.
- how important it is to tell a coach, parent, or other adult when an injury occurs.
- the importance of taking time to rest and recover if they have a concussion.
Download the App for Free
Concussion Safety and Rocket Blades
Parents and Coaches: Kids want to hear from parents and coaches about concussion safety.
- Handout for Kids: Did you know that your brain can get hurt? pdf icon[PDF – 4 MB]
- Handout for Adults: Rocket Blades – The Brain Safety Game pdf icon[PDF – 4 MB]
- Handout for Adults: Tips for talking to kids about concussion pdf icon[PDF – 5 MB]
Rocket Blades Video
Watch this video to learn more about HEADS UP Rocket Blades and how you can get involved!
The CDC HEADS UP Concussion and Helmet Safety app will help you learn how to spot a possible concussion and what to do if you think your child or teen has a concussion or other serious brain injury.
The application also includes a 3D helmet fit feature that teaches about proper helmet fit, safety and care.