Handwashing - Clean Hands Save Lives
Handwashing can help prevent illness. It involves five simple and effective steps (Wet, Lather, Scrub, Rinse, Dry) you can take to reduce the spread of diarrheal and respiratory illness so you can stay healthy. Regular handwashing, particularly before and after certain activities, is one of the best ways to remove germs, avoid getting sick, and prevent the spread of germs to others. It’s quick, it’s simple, and it can keep us all from getting sick. Handwashing is a win for everyone, except the germs.
Learn more about when and how to wash your hands, the importance of using soap and water, and what you can do if soap and clean, running water are not available. Whether you are at home, at work, traveling, or already sick, find out how good hand hygiene can protect you, your family, and others. More…
- Create a Handwashing CampaignHelp prevent school absenteeism by creating a handwashing campaign for your school community.
- Hand Hygiene in Healthcare SettingsResources for healthcare workers and patients.
- Water, Sanitation, and Environmental HygieneBehaviors can improve cleanliness and lead to good health.
- Hand Hygiene to Help Prevent FluHygiene habits can help prevent seasonal flu.
- Handwashing, Hygiene, and Diapering During an EmergencyResources to promote hand hygiene in an emergency.
- Hand Hygiene Aboard ShipsKeep your hands clean and stay healthy on a cruise.
- Handwashing & Other Prevention ActivitiesActions apart from vaccination and medicine can help slow the spread of illness.
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address: