Parents' Guide to Childhood Immunizations
At a Glance
The 64-page guide offers a quick read on childhood diseases and the vaccines that protect children from them.
The Parents' Guide to Childhood Immunizations helps parents and caregivers learn about the role vaccines play in helping keep children healthy. The color booklet, updated in 2010 and reprinted in 2012, includes a glossary and list of resources and is illustrated with children’s artwork.
Three Ways to Read This Guide:
- Read online
- Order a printed booklet
- Download a printer-friendly version
Read or Download the Parents' Guide
NOTE: Booklet page size is 6-3/8” x 9.” If you print, see "Paper Sizing & Handling" in the print dialog box. Select "Booklet" to print as side-by-side pages on 11” x 8-1/2".
- 64-page booklet [PDF - 2.2MB, 64 pages]
- Part 1 – Childhood Diseases and the Vaccines that Prevent Them [14 pages]
- Part 2 – Before, During and After the Immunization Office Visit [8 pages]
- Part 3 – How Vaccines Work & Risks and Benefits of Vaccination [12 pages]
- Part 4 – Frequently Asked Questions [12 pages]
- Part 5 – Summary of Childhood Vaccine-Preventable Diseases [4 pages]
- Glossary and Resources [8 pages]
Order a Booklet
- Scroll the Online Publications Order Form until you reach the section labeled "Other Materials."
- Find "Parents Guide to Childhood Immunization" (Order number 22-1179) and type in the number of copies.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the ordering page, fill in the shipping information, and click "Send."
- Booklets are sent by USPS; delivery may take up to 3 weeks.
Images and logos on this website which are trademarked/copyrighted or used with permission of the trademark/copyright or logo holder are not in the public domain. These images and logos have been licensed for or used with permission in the materials provided on this website. The materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of trademarked/copyrighted images or logos requires permission from the trademark/copyright holder...more
This graphic notice means that you are leaving an HHS Web site. For more information, please see the Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.