This section presents information on how to organize and submit manuscripts to Preventing Chronic Disease. Please read all portions of this section before submitting your manuscript.
- General information: provides information on the journal's publishing schedule, fees and charges, copyright, and the editorial review process.
- Types of articles: describes each type of article the journal publishes, including essays, original research reports, book reviews, and announcements. This page includes format information on references and word count.
- Manuscript requirements: provides details on manuscript format (eg, font size, table and figure requirements, verb tense, permissions).
- References guide: provides details on the proper formatting of references, including examples for different types of articles, books, online publications, and other resources.
- How to submit a manuscript: outlines the initial steps of submitting a manuscript to Manuscript Central.
The opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions.
Get email updates
To subscribe to PCD updates, please enter your email address:
- National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
4770 Buford Highway, NE
Atlanta, GA, 30341-3717
- (404) 645-3355