Forms & Guidance
The data entry forms and guidance on this page are intended for use by staff at local, state, and territorial health departments who complete outbreak reports for submission to CDC. The data entry forms are available as fillable PDFs for completion by health jurisdictions that do not have direct access to NORS and therefore need to send a written report to their NORS administrators.
For guidance regarding the reporting process within a particular jurisdiction, users should contact their designated Reporting Site Administrators or Agency Administrators. Additional instructions for entering data are posted in Training Materials.
Waterborne Disease Outbreaks (enteric, non-enteric)
Forms for collecting data on waterborne disease outbreaks before entering into NORS
- Complete NORS-Water Form (CDC 52.12 Form) (read only) [PDF - 12 pages]
- Complete NORS-Water Form (CDC 52.12 Form) (fillable form) [PDF - 12 pages]
- Recreational Water – Treated (fillable form) [PDF - 7 pages]
- Recreational Water – Untreated (fillable form) [PDF - 6 pages]
- Drinking Water (fillable form) [PDF - 8 pages]
- Other or Unknown Water (fillable form) [PDF - 6 pages]
- NORS-Water Guidance Document [PDF - 77 pages] – Guidance for completing the water-specific sections of the CDC 52.12 form and the corresponding sections of the NORS electronic outbreak report form. See the guidance document for enteric outbreak reporting for more information on how to complete the general section of waterborne disease outbreak reports.
Archived reporting forms
- Archived and historical versions of forms used to report waterborne disease outbreaks to CDC are available on the Healthy Water Waterborne Disease Outbreak Surveillance Reporting Forms Archive page.
Foodborne Disease Outbreaks and Enteric Disease Outbreaks Transmitted by Contact with Persons, Animals, or Environmental Sources, or by an Unknown Mode
Forms for collecting data on foodborne disease outbreaks and all enteric disease outbreaks (other than waterborne) before entering into NORS
- Appendix [PDF - 3 pages] – Information on available picklist values.
- Guidance Document [PDF - 76 pages] – Guidance for completing all sections of the CDC 52.13 form and the corresponding sections of the NORS electronic outbreak report form. Refer to this guidance for the General section of waterborne disease outbreak reports.
- Page last reviewed: September 3, 2015
- Page last updated: September 3, 2015
- Content source: