NIOSH Extramural Research and Training Programs
Cooperative agreements provide NIOSH with the ability to arrange collaborative surveillance and research opportunities with state health departments, universities, labor unions, and non-profit organizations. NIOSH provides funding for a broad array of cooperative agreements to develop knowledge that can be used in preventing occupational diseases and injury.
Unlike grants which are conducted independently of the sponsoring agency, cooperative agreements bring together the expertise of federal and non-federal researchers to accomplish public health efforts that would not otherwise occur. In order for a cooperative agreement to be awarded, there must be a clear need for programmatic staff involvement during performance of a proposed project. An evaluation is made to determine that the cooperative agreement is of sufficient priority to warrant the commitment of staff resources required for a collaborative effort during the term of the cooperative agreement award.
(For previous funding opportunities, see Past Funding.)
- ANNOUNCEMENT NO. PAR-15-353: Agricultural, Forestry and Fishing Safety and Health Research (U54). Contact Person: Steve Dearwent, Ph.D., (404) 498-6382; (Expires: December 1, 2017)
- ANNOUNCEMENT NO. PAR-14-275: State Occupational Health and Safety Surveillance Program (U60). Contact Person: Steven Inserra, Captain USPHS, (404) 498-2552; ( Expires: September 16, 2016). This announcement has been updated with NOT-OH-15-004.
- ANNOUNCEMENT NO. PAR-14-227: Workers Compensation Surveillance. Contact Person: Steven Inserra, Captain USPHS, (404) 498-2552; ( Expires: August 30, 2016). This announcement has been updated with NOT-OH-15-005.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- New Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO