Mining Product: MFIRE
IMPORTANT: If you have downloaded version 3.0 of MFIRE, download version 3.0.20. Two unit conversion bugs were found and have been corrected in version 3.0.20.
MFIRE is a software program for modeling fire and contaminant spread.
This is an updated version of the DOS-based MFIRE program originally developed by the U.S. Bureau of Mines. It has been completely rewritten in C++ and packaged into a dynamic link library (DLL). The benefits of this restructuring include:
- Ease of future maintainability and improvement using object-oriented C++.
- Ventilation network data is obtained via common memory instead of the standard MFIRE data output files.
- The MFIRE DLL can be easily used by other programs.
In addition, MFIRE 3.0.20 has been restructured to run as a discrete event simulation and now allows user control of execution time. A simple graphical user interface is provided to demonstrate the functions available through the new MFIRE DLL. Extensive documentation on the use and structure of the MFIRE DLL is provided in the built-in help of the simple GUI.
Changes for version 3.0.20:
- Two units coversion errors were corrected in MFireConvert.h
NOTE: Thanks to Dewald Steyn for identifying and reporting this unit conversion error.
- About dialog for TestApp updated
- Disclaimer text in TestApp and install program updated.
Download the ZIP archive, unpack into a temporary folder and run setup.exe.
Source files for both the simple graphical user interface and the MFIRE library are also available upon request.