Knowledge and Skill Requirements
These modules require:
- Basic familiarity with an Internet browser and computer; and
- No knowledge of statistical software or programming or previous experience with NHANES or CMS datasets and files.
These modules assume:
- Basic knowledge of NHANES survey datasets and files, as well as CMS data files;
- Basic knowledge and skills in statistical analyses (e.g. ability to run frequently used descriptive and reference statistics, and correctly interpret the results);
- Basic knowledge and skills in SAS and SUDAAN statistical software;
- Basic statistical understanding of survey sampling;
- Basic knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics, and epidemiologic concepts;
- Basic statistical understanding of distributions, data transformations and adjustments; and
- Basic skill in preparing an analytic dataset with NHANES survey data, as well as CMS data files.