We strongly encourage members of underrepresented populations to apply! For tips on how to write a strong application, check out our FAQs and Application Tips Page.
Please read the required application materials carefully. All application materials are due by February 25, 2015. Applications will only be accepted electronically. If you are not able to submit your application electronically, please contact GEH@cdc.gov for additional assistance.
IMPORTANT: Include your email address in the subject line of all application materials submitted, including your letters of recommendation; this is your 'unique identifier'.
- Application Word [119 KB]
- Current resume or CV No longer than six pages.
- Unofficial transcript or grade report from current graduate school studies (an official transcript is required on acceptance into the program)
- Two letters of recommendation (one must be from a current graduate school faculty member): Word [105 KB]
- Two essay questions
- Essay 1: Please describe your interest in the environment, health, and the intersection between the two. Describe personal experiences and how your graduate studies apply. (Typed, 1000 word suggested length. Please put your name on the top and in the file name.)
- Essay 2: What makes you a strong candidate for this program? Please include academics, extracurricular activities, previous related jobs or internships, and travel experiences. (Typed, 1000 word suggested length. Please put your name on the top and in the file name.)
To improve our recruitment process, please fill out an optional demographic form. It is a voluntary form and will in no way affect your application. We use information from these forms to improve recruitment for our program. To fill out this optional demographic from, please download this Word file [108 KB] and email it to email@example.com*
2015 Application Timeline
- Application opens: Wednesday, October 22, 2014
- Application deadline: Wednesday, February 25, 2015
- Program notifies applicant of selection: Friday, March 27, 2015
- Selected applicant acceptance deadline: Friday, April 3, 2015
- Internship dates: June 10 - August 14, 2015
Note: CDC has partnered with The Department of Energy (DOE)/Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) for the implementation of this program. CDC will review applications and make final award selections.