- World Down Syndrome Day - A story of hope
- Heart Defects Study - Heart defects across the lifespan.
- Birth Defects are Critical - They can cause lifelong challenges and even be life-threatening.
- Birth Defects are Costly - Hospitalization for birth defects costs the U.S. over $2.6 billion annually.
- Birth Defects are Common - Every 4 ½ minutes, a baby is born with a birth defect.
About one in every 33 babies is born with a birth defect. Not all birth defects can be prevented. But a woman can take steps to increase her own chance of having a baby with the best health possible.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities
Division of Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities
1600 Clifton Road
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO