Surveillance Reports for Recreational Water-associated Disease & Outbreaks
Data on waterborne disease outbreaks associated with recreational water exposures are reported in the MMWR Weekly, starting with 2009-2010 data, with additional tables and figures available on this website. The data on outbreaks reported from 1978–2008 were published in CDC summary reports or MMWR Surveillance Summaries. Links to historical surveillance reports and appendices are also available on this website.
Most Recent Recreational Water-associated Outbreak & Disease Surveillance Data
- Hlavsa MC, Roberts VA, Kahler AM, Hilborn ED, Mecher TR, Beach MJ, Wade TJ, Yoder, JS. Outbreaks of illness associated with recreational water — United States, 2011–2012 . MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015;64(24):668-672.
- Strength-of-Evidence Classification
- Supplemental Data Tables
- Supplemental Figures
* Some of the documents on this page, due to their historical nature, are not able to be provided in an accessible (508-compliant) format. Persons with disabilities experiencing problems accessing these documents should contact CDC-INFO at CDC-INFO@cdc.gov, 800-232-4636 or the TTY number at (888) 232-6348 and ask for a 508 Accommodation PR#9342. If emailing please type "508 Accommodation PR#9342" without quotes in the subject line of the email.
- Page last reviewed: September 16, 2015
- Page last updated: September 16, 2015
- Content source: