Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)
Influenza Prevention and Control Recommendations
In 2010, the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) first recommended annual influenza vaccination for all persons 6 months and older in the United States. Annual influenza vaccination of all persons 6 months and older continues to be recommended.
2013-2014 Influenza Season
This document summarizes recommendations for the use of influenza vaccines approved on February 21, 2013 by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). An expanded 2013 ACIP influenza vaccination recommendation statement will be published in MMWR Recommendations and Reports prior to the start of the 2013-2014 influenza season. Providers should consult the expanded 2013 ACIP influenza vaccination statement when available for complete and updated information.
2012-2013 Influenza Season
- describes influenza vaccine virus strains included in the U.S. seasonal influenza vaccine for 2012–2013;
- provides guidance for the use of influenza vaccines during the 2012–2013 season, including an updated vaccination schedule for children aged 6 months through 8 years and a description of available vaccine products and indications;
- discusses febrile seizures associated with administration of influenza and 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate (PCV-13) vaccines;
- provides vaccination recommendations for persons with a history of egg allergy; and
- discusses the development of quadrivalent influenza vaccines for use in future influenza seasons.
Information regarding issues related to influenza vaccination that are not addressed in this update is available in CDC's Prevention and Control of Influenza with Vaccines: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), 2010 and associated updates.