Resources for Flu Prevention Partners
This web site is intended to be a resource that partners can use in their flu prevention activities.
CDC's #VaxWithMe campaign encourages individuals to share photos and videos of themselves (tagged #VaxWithMe) during or after getting their flu vaccination. In 2014-15, the #VaxWithMe digital campaign, part of the CDC’s National Flu Vaccination Campaign, gained visibility when 22 partners created and promoted content on their social media channels. These partner activities played a key role in boosting the campaign, and through the viral spread of social media, more individuals and organizations joined by posting their own #VaxWithMe content and encouraging others to do the same.
This interactive timeline (called a parallax) displays the #Vaxwithme partner posts from various social media platforms. Within the timeline, a user has the functionality on each post that one would have on the actual social media platforms; the ability to follow, comment, retweet, like, favorite, and play videos. Many thanks to all of our CDC partners who participated in the #Vaxwithme campaign during the 2014-2015 influenza season. We look forward to expanding this campaign even further next season! Click here to view the interactive timeline!
Now in its second year, the Flu Vaccination Digital Ambassador initiative has more than doubled in size, from six Ambassadors in 2013-2014 to 13 for the 2014-2015 season. This year, Digital Ambassadors generated more than 124 million earned digital media impressions through 755 blog, website, and social media posts—an increase of more than 120 million impressions and 670 posts since the initiative’s first year.
Not a Partner Yet?
Join the effort by becoming a flu prevention partner. CDC encourages partner organizations to promote flu vaccination within their communities, coordinate or host flu vaccination clinics, and increase awareness about the importance and benefits of annual flu vaccination.
- Free Resources (Vaccine Information Statements (VIS), print materials, videos, PSAs, podcasts, web buttons, eCards, widgets)
- Order Free Print Materials
- Take & Share the Flu Vaccination Pledge Widget
- Take & Share the Flu I.Q. Widget
- Materials for Grassroots Outreach
- Hispanic Motion Comic Book
- CDC Flu Site in Spanish
For Long-term Care Employers
- For Businesses [2.2 MB, 15 pages, 7 ½” x 10”] For Media [521 KB, 22 pages, 8½” x 11”]
- Coloring Book PDF: “Are you a flu fighter?” English [8.3 MB, 14 pages] “Eres un luchador contra la influenza?” Spanish [4 MB, 14 pages]
- Update: Domestic H5 Outbreak in Birds Friday, July 24, 2015
- Glossary of Influenza (Flu) Terms Thursday, July 23, 2015
- UPDATED: National Influenza Vaccination Week Posters Thursday, July 16, 2015
- UPDATED: Flu Vaccination Pledge for the 2015-2016 Season Tuesday, July 14, 2015
- FluView - Weekly Influenza Surveillance Report Friday, July 10, 2015
Click on a Section Heading to Expand
Additional Partner Resources
National Influenza Vaccination Week
Flu & Flu Vaccine Information
CDC Thanks Partners
CDC sends a special “THANKS” to all partners for their significant contributions to promote and provide flu vaccinations and prevent influenza across the United States. The overall success of this vital public health service depends on the support of partners at all levels—public health professionals, advocates, medical providers, community stakeholders and concerned consumers from across the country. We appreciate your time, energy, and commitment to public health.
We want feedback! Send suggestions for partner page improvements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Page last reviewed: June 11, 2015
- Page last updated: June 11, 2015
- Content source: