Resources for Flu Prevention Partners
Note: For the 2016-2017 season, CDC recommends use of the flu shot (inactivated influenza vaccine or IIV) and the recombinant influenza vaccine (RIV). The nasal spray flu vaccine (live attenuated influenza vaccine or LAIV) should not be used during 2016-2017. The 2016-2017 influenza vaccination recommendations are now available.
This web site is intended to be a resource that partners can use in their flu prevention activities.
Not a Partner Yet?
Join the effort by becoming a flu prevention partner. CDC encourages partner organizations to promote flu vaccination within their communities, coordinate or host flu vaccination clinics, and increase awareness about the importance and benefits of annual flu vaccination.
- Free Resources (Vaccine Information Statements (VIS), print materials, videos, PSAs, podcasts, web buttons, eCards, widgets)
- Order Free Print Materials
- Take & Share the Flu Vaccination Pledge Widget
- Take & Share the Flu I.Q. Widget
- Materials for Grassroots Outreach
- Hispanic Motion Comic Book
- CDC Flu Site in Spanish
For Long-term Care Employers
- For Businesses [2.2 MB, 15 pages, 7 ½” x 10”] For Media [521 KB, 22 pages, 8½” x 11”]
- Coloring Book PDF: “Are you a flu fighter?” English [8.3 MB, 14 pages] “Eres un luchador contra la influenza?” Spanish [4 MB, 14 pages]
- CDC Director Kicks Off 2016-2017 Flu Vaccination Campaign Thursday, September 29, 2016
- Summary of Influenza Risk Assessment Tool (IRAT) Results Tuesday, September 13, 2016
- Prevention and Control of Seasonal Influenza with Vaccines Tuesday, August 30, 2016
- Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices — 2016–17 Influenza Season Friday, August 26, 2016
- Interim Guidance for Clinicians on Human Infections with Variant Influenza Viruses Monday, August 15, 2016
Sell Sheets: Flu Vaccination Resources
Sell sheets are a tool to help showcase the breadth of resources available to promote and educate different audiences on the importance of flu vaccination.
Click on a Section Heading to Expand
Additional Partner Resources
National Influenza Vaccination Week
Flu & Flu Vaccine Information
CDC Thanks Partners
CDC sends a special “THANKS” to all partners for their significant contributions to promote and provide flu vaccinations and prevent influenza across the United States. The overall success of this vital public health service depends on the support of partners at all levels—public health professionals, advocates, medical providers, community stakeholders and concerned consumers from across the country. We appreciate your time, energy, and commitment to public health.
We want feedback! Send suggestions for partner page improvements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Page last reviewed: October 9, 2015
- Page last updated: July 12, 2016
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD)
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Digital Media Branch, Division of Public Affairs