Resources for Flu Prevention Partners
This web site is intended to be a resource that partners can use in their flu prevention activities.
Dr. Frieden gets vaccinated during news conference
Tom Frieden, M.D., M.P.H., director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, led by example and got his flu vaccination at the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases news conference. Public health officials and medical experts encourage everyone 6 months and older to get vaccinated to protect themselves and those around them against influenza.
In the week leading up to NIVW 2014, seven CDC partners committed to posting about flu vaccination one day of the week as part of a “Countdown to NIVW Blog Relay.” The relay generated seven individual blog posts, 124 social media posts from participating partners’ cross-promotion, and 21.6 million total impressions—all by the time NIVW had just kicked off. Partners treated the activity as a true relay with each being responsible for publishing one blog post on each day and providing a “relay hand-off” that directed readers to the following day’s post on the next partner’s blog.
Not a Partner Yet?
Join the effort by becoming a flu prevention partner. CDC encourages partner organizations to promote flu vaccination within their communities, coordinate or host flu vaccination clinics, and increase awareness about the importance and benefits of annual flu vaccination.
- Free Resources (Vaccine Information Statements (VIS), print materials, videos, PSAs, podcasts, web buttons, eCards, widgets)
- Order Free Print Materials
- Take & Share the Flu Vaccination Pledge Widget
- Take & Share the Flu I.Q. Widget
- Materials for Grassroots Outreach
- Hispanic Motion Comic Book
- CDC Flu Site in Spanish
For Businesses [2.2 MB, 15 pages, 7 ½” x 10”] For Media [521 KB, 22 pages, 8½” x 11”]
- Coloring Book PDF: “Are you a flu fighter?” English [8.3 MB, 14 pages] “Eres un luchador contra la influenza?” Spanish [4 MB, 14 pages]
- Situation Update: Summary of Weekly FluView Friday, March 27, 2015
- FluView - Weekly Influenza Surveillance Report Friday, March 27, 2015
- H5 Viruses in the United States Friday, March 20, 2015
- Update: Outbreaks of Avian Influenza A H5 in U.S. Wild and Domestic Birds: Human Health Implications Friday, March 20, 2015
- Watch Gigi's Story Wednesday, March 11, 2015
Click on a Section Heading to Expand
Additional Partner Resources
National Influenza Vaccination Week
Flu & Flu Vaccine Information
CDC Thanks Partners
CDC sends a special “THANKS” to all partners for their significant contributions to promote and provide flu vaccinations and prevent influenza across the United States. The overall success of this vital public health service depends on the support of partners at all levels—public health professionals, advocates, medical providers, community stakeholders and concerned consumers from across the country. We appreciate your time, energy, and commitment to public health.
We want feedback! Send suggestions for partner page improvements to: email@example.com
- Page last reviewed: September 10, 2014
- Page last updated: February 12, 2015
- Content source: