National Influenza Vaccination Partnerships Among the General Population
The National Influenza Vaccination Campaign aims to increase flu vaccination rates among all people 6 months of age and older across the United States, with a special focus on health care professionals and those populations at high risk of flu complications including pregnant women, people with chronic diseases, seniors, and young children.
In collaboration with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), campaign partners use various digital platforms to promote vaccination messages.
Thanks to our Partners!
Dr. Joe Bresee, chief of the Epidemiology and Prevention Branch in CDC’s Influenza Division, expresses gratitude to the partners of the National Influenza Vaccination Campaign.
Join our social “selfie” campaign! Post photos or short videos featuring the hashtag #VaxWithMe across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Vine, and encourage your social networks to do the same. Our partners have begun to spread the word.
See upcoming campaign activities, planned by partners and by CDC. Please consider participating in and promoting these activities on your social media channels. To learn about other campaign events, visit the partner events page.
Partner Activities by Season
Mark Your Calendar!
December 7-13: National Influenza Vaccination Week (NIVW). Mark your calendars! Materials will be updated and shared later this season.
September 18: NFID Annual News Conference served as the launch for CDC's national influenza vaccination campaign. Information for the news conference is available at 2014 NFID Influenza/ Pneumococcal News Conference. CDC followed the press event with a two-day radio media tour (Sept 18-19) with spokespeople from CDC and NFID.
August: National Immunization Awareness Month (NIAM). CDC and its partners reminded people in all life stages to get their recommended vaccinations, including their yearly flu vaccine. Resources and information on how to participate in NIAM was posted in the NIAM Communications Toolkit.
- A Place for Mom Facebook forum
- A Sweet Life blog
- Allergy & Asthma Network blog
- American Cancer Society article
- American Diabetes Association blog
- American Heart Association blog
- Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA) article
- Long-Term Living Magazine blog (9/19)
- Long-Term Living Magazine blog (9/24)
- March of Dimes blog
- March of Dimes web post
- AARP blog
- American Cancer Society blog
- American Academy of Nursing Colleges e-newsletter
- American Diabetes Association (ADA) blog
- American Public Health Association (APHA) Get Ready blog
- Association of Family Practice Physician Assistants (AFPPA) e-newsletter
- Families Fighting Flu newsletter
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) Monday Morning Memo e-newsletter
- Harris Teeter blog
- Info Long-Term Care blog
- Kaiser Permanente (KP) Total Health Radio podcast
- Long-Term Living Magazine blog
- March of Dimes and Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies joint blog post
- National Center of Assisted Living e-newsletter
- Pepco Holdings safety flyer
- Public Health Foundation (PHF) e-newsletter
- Public Health Foundation (PHF) online bookstore
- United Way e-newsletter
- Page last reviewed: November 12, 2014
- Page last updated: November 12, 2014
- Content source: