Introducing CDC’s new iPad App
New outbreaks happen every day, and CDC's disease detectives are on the front lines, working 24/7 to save lives and protect people. When new outbreaks happen, disease detectives are sent in to figure out how they started, before they can spread. In our new, free iPad app, you get to Solve the Outbreak.
In this interactive, engaging app, you get to decide what to do: Do you quarantine the village? Talk to the people who are sick? Ask for more lab results?
The better your answers, the higher your score – and the more quickly you'll save lives. You'll start out as a Trainee and will earn badges by solving cases, with the goal of earning the top rank: Disease Detective.
Fun to Play and Learn
Perfect for teens, young adults, and public health nerds of all ages, Solve the Outbreak is a great way to take the study of epidemiology outside the classroom.
- Learn about diseases and outbreaks in an engaging way.
- See how disease detectives save lives around the world.
- Try your hand at solving an outbreak.
- Post your scores on Facebook or Twitter and challenge your friends to do better!
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO