Yellow Fever Vaccine
A safe and effective yellow fever vaccine has been available for more than 80 years.
- A single dose provides lifelong protection for most people.
- The vaccine is a live, weakened form of the virus given as a single shot.
- Vaccine is recommended for people aged 9 months or older and who are traveling to or living in areas at risk for yellow fever virus in Africa and South America.
- Yellow fever vaccine may be required for entry into certain countries.
- Vaccination requirements and recommendations for specific countries are available on the CDC Travelers’ Health page.
April 5, 2021: Sanofi Pasteur announced that YF-VAX is once again available for purchase in the United States. Providers with a current Yellow Fever Vaccination Stamp issued by their state or territorial health department may now order YF-VAX from the manufacturer.