STEADI Materials for Your Older Adult Patients
Falls affect us all—whether personally or someone we love or care about. Every second of every day an older adult falls. In 2015 alone, more than one in four older adults reported falling and more than 28,000 older adults died as a result of falls—that’s 74 older adults every day. There are simple steps you can take to prevent falls and decrease falls risks. CDC developed the STEADI (Stopping Elderly Accidents, Deaths & Injuries) initiative which includes educational materials and tools to improve fall prevention.
Download materials below, or order hard copies from CDC-INFO on Demand.
Family Caregivers: Protect your Loved Ones from Falling
Brochure for family caregivers with steps to help prevent older adult falls.
Older Adult Falls: A Growing Danger
This fact sheet highlights information about how falls threaten older adults’ health, independence & quality of life.
- MyMobility Plan
- Are Your Medicines Increasing Your Risk of a Fall or a Car Crash?
- Taking Steps to Prevent Falls Podcasts: Listen (0:59) Listen (3:52)
- Keeping Seniors Safe Podcasts: Listen (0:59) Listen (3:50)
- Preventing Older Adult Falls and TBI Podcast: Listen (2:37)
- Concussion and Traumatic Brain Injury
- Motor Vehicle Safety: Older Adult Drivers
- Violence Prevention: Elder Abuse
You can customize STEADI materials and resources with your organization’s name and address. Each product listed has a designated space for you to add contact information only (not logos).