- Q fever vaccines are not available in the United States.
- Reduce your risk of getting Q fever by avoiding contact with animals, especially while animals are giving birth. Animals can be infected with Coxiella burnetii and appear healthy.
Do not consume raw milk or raw milk products.
- If you have been diagnosed with Q fever and have a history of heart valve disease, blood vessel abnormalities, a weakened immune system, or are pregnant, talk to your healthcare provider about your risk for developing chronic Q fever.
- Page last reviewed: December 26, 2017
- Page last updated: December 26, 2017
- Content source: