- The symptoms of Q fever are similar to many other diseases, often making diagnosis difficult. See your healthcare provider if you develop symptoms after spending time with or near animals—particularly sheep, goats, and cattle—or in areas where these animals may have been.
- Your healthcare provider may order blood tests to look for Q fever or for other diseases.
- Laboratory testing and reporting of results can take several weeks, so your healthcare provider may start antibiotic treatment before results are available.
- Page last reviewed: December 26, 2017
- Page last updated: December 26, 2017
- Content source: