As of 11/7/2022, the following tests are back online:
- CDC-10460: Echinococcosis Serology (recently added)
- CDC 10234: Parasites: Morphologic Identification
- CDC 10238: Leishmania Species Identification
- CDC 10457: Baylisascariasis Serology
- CDC 10458: Chagas Disease Serology
- CDC 10459: Cysticercosis Serology
- CDC 10465: Paragonimiasis Serology
- CDC 10466: Schistosomiasis Serology
- CDC 10467: Strongyloidiasis Serology
- CDC 10475: Chagas Disease Molecular Detection
- CDC 10505: Fascioliasis Serology
- CDC 10520: Malaria: Morphological Identification
Each test request (order) requires preapproval by the CDC Parasitic Diseases Branch. For Leishmania species identification and other tests for leishmaniasis, please contact email@example.com to request preapproval. For all other tests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request preapproval. The preapproval for your request will include important details about current submission requirements and forms.
All other assays for serological, molecular, or characterization of parasitic diseases—and Trichomonas susceptibility testing—at CDC remain temporarily offline. We are working to restart additional testing as soon as possible for each test and will update this communication as soon as we are able.
CDC offers consultation to healthcare providers in the absence of diagnostic testing. Healthcare providers needing assistance with diagnosis or management of suspected cases of parasitic diseases may contact CDC’s Parasitic Diseases Hotline at (404) 718-4745, or e-mail email@example.com.