CDC Laboratory Testing & Procedures
CDC laboratories conduct testing for non-polio enteroviruses and other picornaviruses, including:
- molecular testing,
- serotype identification,
- sequencing, and
- virus isolation.
CDC also helps state laboratories by—
- transferring new diagnostic technologies and providing training on how to perform these techniques,
- helping them identify enteroviruses they have not been able to type, and
- providing guidance on how to properly collect and ship clinical specimens to CDC for confirming and serotyping picornavirus.
For protocols, contact WNix@cdc.gov.
- Page last reviewed: October 20, 2017
- Page last updated: May 10, 2013
- Content source: