Sponsors may be NIOSH Education and Research Centers (ERC), academic institutions, non-profit organizations, private companies, or individual professionals. Within NIOSH, the responsibility of approving courses has been delegated to the Respiratory Health Division and is carried out by a Course Approval Committee.
Course approval is granted with a two-step process:
- Step 1: The potential course sponsor submits a current curriculum vitae (CV) for their intended Course Technical Director. The CV should include specific information regarding experience performing and interpreting spirometry tests. Once approved, the potential sponsor then submits a complete application. Send the CV to email@example.com.
- Step 2: A course application consists of faculty qualifications, facility and equipment capabilities, course design and content, and examination instruments. Minimum requirements for approval of a course are contained in Appendix D of the OSHA Standard and include criteria for apparatus, technique, interpretation, course content, and hours of instruction
- Page last reviewed: June 9, 2015
- Page last updated: July 31, 2018
- Content source:
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Respiratory Health Division