Opioids in the Workplace
Updated March 1, 2023
The effects of opioid use and misuse are not isolated to work or home environments, and the potential for opioid use disorder may be preceded by injuries that happen in the workplace, with the consequences affecting both an individual’s working life as well as their home life.
By using Total Worker Health® principles, NIOSH is developing solutions to help workers and employers facing this crisis in their communities. about the specific steps NIOSH is taking to approach this challenge.
- Using Naloxone to Reverse Opioid Overdose
- Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Recovery-Ready Workplace Resource Hub
- Initiatives to Prevent Opioid Misuse and Promote Recovery Friendly Workplace Programs (nih.gov)
- Opioid Overdose Prevention Toolkit – Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration(en Español)
- Prescription Opioid and Benzodiazepine Medications and Occupational Safety and Health
Total Worker Health® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.