Opioids in the Workplace
The effects of opioid use and misuse are not isolated to work or home environments, and the potential for opioid use disorder may be preceded by injuries that happen in the workplace, with the consequences affecting both an individual’s working life as well as their home life.
By using Total Worker Health® principles, NIOSH is developing solutions to help workers and employers facing this crisis in their communities. Learn more about the specific steps NIOSH is taking to approach this challenge.
- Using Naloxone to Reverse Opioid Overdose
- Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Initiatives to Prevent Opioid Misuse and Promote Recovery Friendly Workplace Programs (nih.gov)
- Recovery-Ready Workplace Resource Hub | U.S. Department of Labor (dol.gov)
- Opioid Overdose Prevention Toolkit – Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (en Español)
Total Worker Health® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.