ICD Framework: External Cause of Injury Mortality Matrix
Changes made as of November 2002
This document describes the matrix, some of the issues for interpretation, and key differences from the ICD-9-based Matrix.
Terrorism codes (*U01-*U03) added 8/26/03
The link to this document provides the SAS code to produce external cause code matrix using ICD-10 codes.
The Matrix Cdc-pdf[PDF – 80 KB]
This .pdf contains the External Cause of Injury Mortality Matrix for ICD-10 and the detailed transport codes. Use the zoom command in order to enlarge the document for screen viewing.
US Mortality Data
- Deaths: Final Data for 2002, NVSR, Vol. 53, No.5, (see table 18) Cdc-pdf[PDF – 1.3 MB]
- Deaths: Injuries, 2002, Vol. 54, Number 10, (see table 1) Cdc-pdf[PDF – 4.8 MB]
- Deaths: Injuries, 2001, Vol. 52, Number 21, (see table 1) Cdc-pdf[PDF – 5.1 MB]
- Deaths and Crude Death Rate for External Causes of Injury: United States, 2000 Cdc-pdf[PDF – 71 KB]
- Deaths and Crude Death Rate for External Causes of Injury: United States, 1999 Cdc-pdf[PDF – 72 KB]
US injury mortality data have been applied to the matrix. Deaths and rates for external causes of injury are presented based on the matrix.