Getting Started With Health, United States
Each component in the Health, United States PDF report is bookmarked. Users can identify and navigate to each component using the bookmarks sidebar of the PDF reader, such as Adobe Acrobat.
Links are used within the report to direct users to referenced content with more information. Some links bring users to content outside of the PDF report, while others bring users to content within the report.
Here are examples of how links can be used within Health, United States components to move within and outside of the PDF report:
- Contents: Click on an entry to move to that page of the PDF report.
- List of Chartbook Figures: The List of Chartbook Figurespdf icon is a comprehensive list of Chartbook figure titles. Click on a title to move to that figure in the PDF report.
- List of Trend Tables: The List of Trend Tables is a comprehensive list of online-only supplemental trend tables provided on the Health, United States website. Click on a title to move to the trend table on the Data Finder page, where PDF and spreadsheet versions are available for download.
- Highlights: The Highlightspdf icon section summarizes major findings in Health, United States. Each highlight includes a reference to either a trend table or a figure that provides more information. Click on a reference to move to the figure in the PDF report.
- Chartbook: At the bottom of each Chartbook figure, there is a link that allows users to download the figure in other formats. Click on the link to move to the figure on the Data Finder page, where each Chartbook figure can be downloaded as a presentation slide (Microsoft PowerPoint). The source data for the figure can also be downloaded as a PDF or a spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel).
The Data Finder is an electronic index that allows users to search through the data provided in the latest edition of Health, United States. The list of trend tables and Chartbook figures can be filtered using the following dropdown menus.
- Table/Figure: Select “All Tables” to view the 49 trend tables only. Select “All Figures” to view the 20 Chartbook figures only.
- Subjects: “Subjects” refers to the main topics of a trend table or Chartbook figure. There are more than 60 subjects for users to choose from on the Data Finder page, and these subjects are grouped into the report’s four subject areas: health status and determinants, utilization of health resources, health care resources, and health care expenditures and payers.
- Population Subgroups: “Population subgroups” refers to the subgroups available in each trend table or Chartbook figure. There are more than 15 population subgroups for users to choose from, and these population subgroups are organized into five larger groups for easier navigation: age, geography, race and Hispanic origin, sex, and socioeconomic and functional status.
Users can view all trend tables and Chartbook figures by selecting “All subjects” in the Subjects dropdown and “All population subgroups” in the Population Subgroups dropdown.