Where Can I Find More information?
- For more information about genes related to hearing loss and about genetic testing, please contact a genetic counselor in your area.
- For more information about hearing and hearing loss, see the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders
- The Genetic Science Learning Center has some information about basic genetics, genetic conditions and genetic counseling.
- Cold Spring Harbor Labs has a tutorial about genetics that is a little more in-depth than those at some of the other sites.
- The Hereditary Hearing Loss Homepage gives an up-to-date overview of the genetics of hereditary hearing loss for researchers and clinicians working in the field.
- For suggested questions to ask a geneticist or genetics counselor, see the resource developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- See more information about Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) and CDC’s work in this area.