09/15/2022: Lab Advisory: CDC Issues Select Agent Gram for Mpox Virus
Audience: Clinical Laboratories
Level: Lab Advisory
On September 14, 2022, CDC’s Division of Select Agents and Toxins (DSAT) posted a Select Agent (SA) Gram to clarify the regulatory status of materials (e.g., patient specimens, cultures, diagnostic materials) related to the 2022 U.S. Mpox Outbreak.
We encourage you to review the SA Gram in detail and share this message widely with your networks.
- Preparation and Collection of Specimens
- Information For Laboratory Personnel
- Laboratory Procedures and Biosafety Guidelines
- How to Report Test Results
- U.S. Mpox 2022: Situation Summary
- If you are a clinical or public health laboratory professional, contact LOCS.
- For media inquiries, contact the CDC Newsroom.
- For all other questions, contact CDC-INFO.