08/05/2022: Lab Advisory: HHS Declares Mpox a Public Health Emergency
Audience: Clinical Laboratory Professionals
Level: Lab Advisory
On August 4, 2022, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) declared a public health emergency (PHE) in response to the current mpox outbreak. Declaring a PHE enables public health officials to take swift critical actions that will help meet the demands of this outbreak.
Please visit this page for more information and share this message widely with your networks.
- U.S. Mpox 2022: Situation Summary
- Preparation and Collection of Specimens
- Laboratory Procedures and Biosafety Guidelines
- Information For Laboratory Personnel
- If you are a clinical or public health laboratory professional, contact LOCS.
- For media inquiries, contact the CDC Newsroom.
- For all other questions, contact CDC-INFO.