Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation:
- What is Crohn’s Disease? http://www.crohnscolitisfoundation.org/what-are-crohns-and-colitis/what-is-crohns-disease/external icon
- What is Ulcerative Colitis? http://www.crohnscolitisfoundation.org/what-are-crohns-and-colitis/what-is-ulcerative-colitis/external icon
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases:
- Crohn’s Disease- https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/digestive-diseases/crohns-diseaseexternal icon
- Ulcerative Colitis- https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/digestive-diseases/ulcerative-colitisexternal icon
American College of Gastroenterology:
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease- http://patients.gi.org/topics/inflammatory-bowel-disease/external icon
American Gastroeneterological Association:
- Patient INFO Center- http://www.gastro.org/patient-care/patientinfo-centerexternal icon
From the American College of Gastroenterology:
- Lichtenstein GR, Hanauer SB, Sandborn WJ; Practice Parameters Committee of American College of Gastroenterology. Management of Crohn’s disease in adults. Am J Gastroenterol. 2009;104(2):465-83.
- Kornbluth A, Sachar DB; Practice Parameters Committee of the American College of Gastroenterology. Ulcerative colitis practice guidelines in adults: American College Of Gastroenterology, Practice Parameters Committee. Am J Gastroenterol. 2010 Mar;105(3):501-23. http://gi.org/guideline/ulcerative-colitis-in-adults/external icon
- Talley NJ, Abreu MT, Achkar JP, Bernstein CN, Dubinsky MC, Hanauer SB, Kane SV, Sandborn WJ, Ullman TA, Moayyedi P; American College of Gastroenterology IBD Task Force. An evidence-based systematic review on medical therapies for inflammatory bowel disease. Am J Gastroenterol. 2011;106 Suppl 1:S2-25.
- Other resources, including patient education. https://gi.org/2015/10/08/poster-1032-ibd-i-barely-discern-a-comparative-analysis-of-online-patient-education-resources-relating-to-inflammatory-bowel-disease/external icon
From the American Gastroeneterological Association:
- Terdiman JP, Gruss CB, Heidelbaugh JJ, Sultan S, Falck-Ytter YT; AGA Institute Clinical Practice and Quality Management Committee.. American Gastroenterological Association Institute guideline on the use of thiopurines, methotrexate, and anti-TNF-α biologic drugs for the induction and maintenance of remission in inflammatory Crohn’s disease. Gastroenterology. 2013 Dec;145(6):1459-63.
- Guidelines, clinical support tools, and other practice resources- http://www.gastro.org/guidelinesexternal icon
- Guidelines and patient education resources- http://www.gastro.org/patient-care/conditions-diseases/ibdexternal icon
From the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation: