TECPHI Recipient Map
Funding of Tribal Epidemiology Centers
Public Health Infrastructure (TECPHI), National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
Funding of Tribal Epidemiology Centers Public Health Infrastructure (TECPHI), National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion Tribal Epidemiology Centers Public Health Infrastructure (TECPHI) is a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) cooperative agreement that complements Indian Health Services (IHS) funding to increase Tribal Epidemiology Centers’ (TECs) public health capacity and infrastructure. This helps tribes and tribal organizations build data infrastructure, increase staff capacity, and establish partnerships.
TECs are organizations that serve American Indian and Alaska Native tribal and urban communities. They manage public health information systems, investigate diseases of concern, manage disease prevention and control programs, and respond to public health emergencies. TECs coordinate these activities with other public health authorities.
There are 12 TECs and one Network Coordinating Center awarded through the TECPHI program. Each TEC is listed below, including location. Visit the sites below for more information on each TEC.
Tribal Epidemiology Centers and Service Areas (12 Awards)
Network Coordinating Center (1 Award)
1. Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium Epidemiology Center (Anchorage, AK)
2. Albuquerque Area Southwest Tribal Epidemiology Center (Albuquerque, NM)
3. California Tribal Epidemiology Center (Sacramento, CA)
4. Great Lakes Inter Tribal Epidemiology Center (Lac du Flambeau, WI)
5. Great Plains Tribal Epidemiology Center (Rapid City, SD)
6. Inter Tribal Council of Arizona Tribal Epidemiology Center (Phoenix, AZ)
7. Navajo Epidemiology Center (Window Rock, AZ)
8. Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board Tribal Epidemiology Center (Portland, OR)
9. Oklahoma Area Tribal Epidemiology Center (Oklahoma City, OK)
10. Rocky Mountain Tribal Epidemiology Center (Billings, MT)
11. Urban Indian Health Institute (Seattle, WA)
12. United South and Eastern Tribes Tribal Epidemiology Center (Nashville, TN)
13. Network Coordinating Center: Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium Epidemiology Center (Anchorage, AK)