Genomic Resources E
- Cardiovascular Disease: Genes are Important, but Health-Related Behaviors and Lifestyle Choices can Make or Break your HealthExternal
“Howard will turn 50 soon, and it worries him. His grandfather died of a heart attack in his fifties, and so did his father and uncle.”
- CDC OPHG Podcasts and Videocasts
- Consumer Genetics Resources, American Society of Human GeneticsExternal
- Genetics GenerationExternal
- Genetics and Genomics for Patients and the Public, National Human Genome Research InstituteExternal
- Genetics Home ReferenceExternal
- GEMSS – Genetics Education Materials for School SuccessExternal
- Genetic Science Learning Center, University of UtahExternal
- Understanding Genetics: A Guide for Patients and ProfessionalsExternal, Genetic Alliance
- YourGenome.orgExternal, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
- Case Studies for Medical Students: Ethical, Legal, and Social Issues (ELSI) Associated with GeneticsExternal
- Certificate Program in Public Health Genetics, University of Michigan School of Public HealthExternal
- CDC’s Expert Commentary SeriesExternal on Medscape
- Educational Materials for Health Professionals, World Health OrganizationExternal
- Familial HypercholesterolemiaExternal, CDC Expert Commentary, Medscape
- Family Health History Case Studies for Clinicians, Office of Public Health Genomics
- Human Genome Project Education Resources,External U.S. Department of Energy
- Information for Genetic Professionals, University of KansasExternal Medical Center
- Lecture Series on Genomics, Howard Hughes Medical InstituteExternal
- Newborn Screening and Follow-upExternal
- Online Education Kit: Understanding the Human Genome Project, National Human Genome Research InstituteExternal
- Personal Genomic TestsExternal, CDC Expert Commentary, Medscape
- Dolan DNA Learning CenterExternal
- Education, American Society of Human GeneticsExternal
- National DNA Day: Teaching ToolsExternal
- NIH Curriculum Supplements for High SchoolExternal
- Scitable from Nature EducationExternal
- University of Utah Genetic Science Learning CenterExternal
- Coalition for Genetic FairnessExternal
- Ethical, Legal, and Social Issues, Human Genome Project Information, U.S. Department of EnergyExternal
- Ethical, Legal and Social Implications of Human Genomics, World Health OrganizationExternal
- Ethical, Legal, Social Implications & Issues, Kansas University Medical CenterExternal
- Ethical, Legal, and Social Issues in Public Health Genetics, University of Michigan Center for Public Health and Community GenomicsExternal
- HumGen InternationalExternal
- National Information Resource on Ethics & Human Genetics, Georgetown UniversityExternal
- Policy & Ethics, National Human Genome Research Institute, NIHExternal
Also see Policy
- Upcoming Events
Conferences, seminars, workshops, and meetings related to genomics and public health offered in the United States and other countries
Selected past events related to public health genomics offered by CDC and partners.
Evidence-based recommendations on the validity and utility of specific genetic tests currently being used in clinical practice.
- Evaluation of Genomic Applications in Practice and Prevention (EGAPP™)
- Testing for Cytochrome P450 Polymorphisms (CYP450) in Adults with Non-Psychotic Depression Prior to Treatment with Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs)
- Can UGT1A1 Genotyping Reduce Morbidity and Mortality in Patients with Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Treated with Irinotecan?
- Can tumor gene expression profiling improve outcomes in patients with breast cancer?
- Genetic testing strategies in newly diagnosed individuals with colorectal cancer aimed at reducing morbidity and mortality from Lynch syndrome in relatives
- Genomic profiling to assess cardiovascular risk to improve cardiovascular health
- Genetic testing for Factor V Leiden and prothrombin variants for idiopathic venous thromboembolism (VTE)
- Can testing of tumor tissue for mutations in EGFR pathway downstream effector genes in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer improve health outcomes by guiding decisions regarding anti-EGFR therapy?
- Does genomic profiling to assess Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) risk improve health outcomes?
- Does PCA3 Testing for the Diagnosis and Management of Prostate Cancer improve patient health outcomes?
- U.S. Preventive Services Task Force
Evidence-based reviews on specific genetic tests and family health history conducted through the Evidence-Based Practice Centers (EPC) Program of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Collection and Use of Cancer Family History in Primary CareExternal
- EGAPP™ supplementary evidence review: DNA testing strategies aimed at reducing morbidity and mortality from Lynch syndromeExternal
- Genomic Tests for Ovarian Cancer Detection and ManagementExternal
- HER2 Testing to Manage Patients with Breast or Other Solid TumorsExternal
- Hereditary Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer: Diagnostic Strategies and Their ImplicationsExternal
- Impact of Gene Expression Profiling Tests on Breast Cancer OutcomesExternal
- Testing for Cytochrome P450 Polymorphisms (CYP450) in Adults with Non-Psychotic Depression Prior to Treatment with Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs)External