Genomic Resources E
- CDC OGPPH Podcasts and Videocasts
- Genetics Generationexternal icon
- Genetics and Genomics for Patients and the Public, National Human Genome Research Instituteexternal icon
- Genetics Home Referenceexternal icon
- GEMSS – Genetics Education Materials for School Successexternal icon
- Genetic Science Learning Center, University of Utahexternal icon
- Understanding Genetics: A Guide for Patients and Professionalsexternal icon, Genetic Alliance
- YourGenome.orgexternal icon, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
- Case Studies for Medical Students: Ethical, Legal, and Social Issues (ELSI) Associated with Geneticsexternal icon
- Certificate Program in Public Health Genetics, University of Michigan School of Public Healthexternal icon
- CDC’s Expert Commentary Seriesexternal icon on Medscape
- Educational Materials for Health Professionals, World Health Organizationexternal icon
- Familial Hypercholesterolemiaexternal icon, CDC Expert Commentary, Medscape
- Family Health History Case Studies for Clinicians, Office of Public Health Genomics
- Human Genome Project Education Resources,external icon U.S. Department of Energy
- Newborn Screening and Follow-upexternal icon
- Personal Genomic Testsexternal icon, CDC Expert Commentary, Medscape
- DNA Learning Centerexternal icon
- Education, American Society of Human Geneticsexternal icon
- National DNA Day: Teaching Toolsexternal icon
- NIH Curriculum Supplements for High Schoolexternal icon
- Scitable from Nature Educationexternal icon
- University of Utah Genetic Science Learning Centerexternal icon
- Ethical, Legal, and Social Issues in Public Health Genetics, University of Michigan Center for Public Health and Community Genomicsexternal icon
- HumGen Internationalexternal icon
- National Information Resource on Ethics & Human Genetics, Georgetown Universityexternal icon
- Policy & Ethics, National Human Genome Research Institute, NIHexternal icon
Also see Policy
- Upcoming Events
Conferences, seminars, workshops, and meetings related to genomics and public health offered in the United States and other countries
Selected past events related to public health genomics offered by CDC and partners.
Evidence-based recommendations on the validity and utility of specific genetic tests currently being used in clinical practice.
- Evaluation of Genomic Applications in Practice and Prevention (EGAPP™)
- Testing for Cytochrome P450 Polymorphisms (CYP450) in Adults with Non-Psychotic Depression Prior to Treatment with Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs)
- Can UGT1A1 Genotyping Reduce Morbidity and Mortality in Patients with Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Treated with Irinotecan?
- Can tumor gene expression profiling improve outcomes in patients with breast cancer?
- Genetic testing strategies in newly diagnosed individuals with colorectal cancer aimed at reducing morbidity and mortality from Lynch syndrome in relatives
- Genomic profiling to assess cardiovascular risk to improve cardiovascular health
- Genetic testing for Factor V Leiden and prothrombin variants for idiopathic venous thromboembolism (VTE)
- Can testing of tumor tissue for mutations in EGFR pathway downstream effector genes in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer improve health outcomes by guiding decisions regarding anti-EGFR therapy?
- Does genomic profiling to assess Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) risk improve health outcomes?
- Does PCA3 Testing for the Diagnosis and Management of Prostate Cancer improve patient health outcomes?
- U.S. Preventive Services Task Force
Evidence-based reviews on specific genetic tests and family health history conducted through the Evidence-Based Practice Centers (EPC) Program of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Collection and Use of Cancer Family History in Primary Careexternal icon
- EGAPP™ supplementary evidence review: DNA testing strategies aimed at reducing morbidity and mortality from Lynch syndromeexternal icon
- Genomic Tests for Ovarian Cancer Detection and Managementexternal icon
- HER2 Testing to Manage Patients with Breast or Other Solid Tumorsexternal icon
- Hereditary Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer: Diagnostic Strategies and Their Implicationsexternal icon
- Impact of Gene Expression Profiling Tests on Breast Cancer Outcomesexternal icon
- Testing for Cytochrome P450 Polymorphisms (CYP450) in Adults with Non-Psychotic Depression Prior to Treatment with Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs)external icon