Making Dialysis Safer For Patients Coalition
The Making Dialysis Safer for Patients Coalition is a partnership of organizations and individuals that have joined forces with the common goal of promoting the use of CDC’s core interventions and resources to prevent dialysis bloodstream infections. Launched in September 2016, the Coalition’s goals are to:
- Facilitate implementation and adoption of core interventions through promotion, dissemination, and use of audit tools, checklists, and other resources
- Increase awareness about the core interventions for dialysis bloodstream infection prevention through educational efforts
- Share experiences and findings through collaboration with other Coalition participants
Partners and Members to join. Partners include organizations, such as professional organizations, dialysis delivery organizations, patient groups, state and local health departments, certification organizations, and other organizations from the kidney care community. Partners join the Coalition by contacting DialysisCoalition@cdc.gov to request a partnership packet.
Members include individuals, such as staff from individual clinics, nephrologists and nephrology nurses, dialysis technicians, leaders in infection prevention and/or patient safety, dialysis educators, patients, caregivers, and others. The role of Members is to help spread the word about the effectiveness of the CDC Core Interventions and motivate staff to implement them in their facilities. If you are interested in joining the Coalition as a Member, please visit our Members page to sign up.
Benefits to Joining the Coalition
- Access to infection prevention materials and CDC expertise
- Access to quarterly free continuing education webinars, partner calls, and the coalitionNEWSLETTER
- Networking opportunities with other Coalition participants
- Recognition as a partner of CDC in this important effort
Order Coalition Resources
To help prevent infections in dialysis patients and increase the use of proven practices that cut infection rates in half, the Making Dialysis Safer for Patients Coalition offers posters, audit tools, checklists and fact sheets for use in providers’ offices, dialysis clinics, training sessions, and work areas. Visit our Resource Center to preview these materials and learn how to order free copies.
Free Continuing Education Webinars
Coalition webinars are posted as part of the “Tune in to Safe Healthcare” webinar series:
- Reducing Infection in the Outpatient Dialysis Facility – Results of the Standardizing Care to Improve Outcomes in Pediatric End Stage Renal Disease (SCOPE) Collaborative. Free CE credits through February 2019.
Download the coalitionNEWSLETTER to stay up-to-date on the Coalition.
- coalitionNEWSLETTER, Issue 1, November 2016 [PDF - 916 KB]
- coalitionNEWSLETTER, Issue 2, February 2017 [PDF -905 KB]
Coalition Sharable Graphic
Spread the message to put #DialysisPatientsFirst by following @CDC_NCEZID and by starting the conversation about infection prevention on social media. To share the Start the Conversation graphic, copy this link: http://go.usa.gov/xkMfY into Facebook and Pinterest. To share on twitter, save the graphic and attach to your tweet – be sure to include the link and the hashtag: #DialysisPatientsFirst. The graphic links to the Conversation Starter to Prevent Infections in Dialysis Patients.
Coalition Web Button
Copy the code for this image, which links to the Making Dialysis Safer For Patients Coalition, on your website:
- Page last reviewed: March 16, 2017
- Page last updated: March 16, 2017
- Content source: