Who Can Join?
Members include individuals, such as staff from individual clinics, nephrologists and nephrology nurses, dialysis technicians, leaders in infection prevention and/or patient safety, dialysis educators, patients, caregivers, and others.
Join the Making Dialysis Safer for Patients Coalition and help raise awareness in your organization, clinic, or group. Your support and commitment will help save lives. Members join the Coalition by completing the form below.
Organizations like professional organizations or health departments can join the Coalition by contacting DialysisCoalition@cdc.gov to request a partnership packet.
The role of Members is to help spread the word about the CDC Core Interventions to Prevent Dialysis Bloodstream Infections and motivate staff to implement them in their facilities by using resources such as audit tools, checklists and more. Members will help promote and distribute the Coalition’s materials and messages.
Membership is free and gives you access to:
- Notification about free continuing education webinars, new publications, tools, and resources to help prevent infections
- Bi-monthly Coalition newsletters
- Special email updates from the Coalition
Members provide valuable, on-the-ground influence in reducing bloodstream infections among hemodialysis patients. Sample Coalition member activities include:
- Participate in, and invite your colleagues to join, Coalition webinars
- Order audit tools, checklists, and other resources for your facility
- Post information, including infection prevention posters and related materials, in your facility
- Implement CDC Core Interventions and Coalition Resources in your facility
- Use Coalition patient education resources to engage patients in infection prevention
- Include Coalition materials on your organization’s or facility’s website
- Share emails within your organization to promote Coalition materials