How to Download (Save) Files from the Internet to your Computer
Many sites offer files in Adobe PDF, PowerPoint or other formats that you can download to your computer. These files retain all the graphics you see online and you can reopen them without being connected to Internet, provided you have the appropriate reader or program on your computer. The instructions which follow explain how to download these type of files.
TO SAVE A FILE TO YOUR COMPUTER:
- Right click on the hyperlink.
A menu will appear. Depending on your browser and browser version, the options will vary.
- The option to select will say something like one of the following:
- Save Target As
- Save Link As
- Save Link Target As
- Download Linked File As
Below are some examples of what you might see:
- Select a save location and click OK.
A pop up message will tell you when the download is complete.
- Page last reviewed: June 25, 2013
- Page last updated: May 24, 2011
- Content source: