NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards
The NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards is intended as a source of general industrial hygiene information on several hundred chemicals/classes for workers, employers, and occupational health professionals. The NIOSH Pocket Guide does not contain an analysis of all pertinent data, rather it presents key information and data in abbreviated or tabular form for chemicals or substance groupings (e.g. cyanides, fluorides, manganese compounds) that are found in the work environment. The information found in the NIOSH Pocket Guide should help users recognize and control occupational chemical hazards.
Enter search terms separated by spaces.
Download the NIOSH Pocket Guide
Download the NIOSH Pocket Guide CD-ROM as an ISO image file and create a disc with CD-ROM authoring software.
The NIOSH Pocket Guide ZIP file contains a condensed version of the NIOSH Pocket Guide.
All non-Pocket Guide links were removed so that this set of files acts as a "stand-alone" database. These files can be used with a standard web browser or on some mobile devices.
- 2010-168c.zip (245 MB) (requires WinZip or other unzipping software)
- 2010-168c.exe (181 MB) (Self-extracting zip file for Windows)
- 2010-168c.iso DHHS (NIOSH) Publication No. 2010-168c
(ISO Requires CD-ROM authoring software)
- PDF version DHHS (NIOSH) Publication No. 2005-149
(requires Adobe Acrobat Reader for viewing and printing)
To order free copies of the NIOSH Pocket Guide:
- Print Version, DHHS (NIOSH) Publication No. 2005-149: http://wwwn.cdc.gov/pubs/niosh.aspx#2005 Publications
- CD-ROM, DHHS (NIOSH) Publication No. 2010-168c: http://wwwn.cdc.gov/pubs/niosh.aspx#2010 Publications
Other vendors of the NIOSH Pocket Guide:
Superintendent of Documents
Government Printing Office
Washington, D.C. 20402-9325
GPO stock number 017-033-00500-1
National Technical Information Service (NTIS)
5301 Shawnee Road
Alexandria, VA 22312
Order Desk Telephone: (703) 605-6000 or 1-800-553-6847
NTIS order number PB2009-103-456
We encourage and welcome any comments, suggestions, or corrections that you may have regarding the NIOSH Pocket Guide. You can contact us via e-mail or telephone. Thank you for your comments and suggestions.
Toll-free telephone: 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- New Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO