Datasets and Related Documentation for Birth Data
Revised Intercensal Population Estimates Released
To permit the calculation of race-specific vital rates for 2000 and beyond and for revised vital rates for 1991-1999 (using intercensal population estimates), the National Center for Health Statistics, in collaboration with the National Cancer Institute and the Census Bureau, is releasing bridged-race estimates of the U.S. resident population. NCHS has also released U.S. Intercensal Population Estimates by Specified Hispanic Origin Groups for the time period July 1, 1991 - July 1, 1999 for calculating vital rates.
2003 Revisions of the U.S. Vital Certificates
- Vital Statistics Coding and Instruction Manuals
- 2006 NCHS Urban-Rural Classification Scheme for Counties
To permit calculation of vital rates by urbanization level.
- Vital Statistics Data Available Online
- VitalStats - interactive online data tables
- 1995-98 Matched Multiple Birth Data Set
- 1995-2000 Matched Multiple Birth Data Set
- Page last reviewed: November 6, 2015
- Page last updated: June 2, 2009
- Content source: