Key Statistics from the National Survey of Family Growth
- Parity - See Births (mothers) and Births (fathers)
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Pill (oral contraceptive pill)
- Premarital sex
Percentage of women 15-44 who have ever had intercourse and who have ever used the contraceptive patch, 2006-2010: 10.4%
|Percentage of women 15-44 years of age who have ever been treated for PID||5.1%||4.2%|
|Percentage of women 40-44 years of age who have ever been treated for PID||8.0%||5.1%|
2Special tabulation by NCHS
- Percentage of women 15-44 years of age in 2006-2010 who have ever used the oral contraceptive pill1 (among women who have ever had sex): 81.9% (43.8 million).
- Percentage of women 15-44 years of age in 2006-2010 who are currently using the pill2: 17.1% (10.6 million).
Percentage of ever-married men and women who had premarital intercourse:
|Women (15-44 years of age)||84.9%||86.4%|
|Men (20-44 years of age)||91.3%||90.6%|
3Special tabulation by NCHS